ThinkWrite is the training division of Pete Moore Communication ltd, and ThinkWrite.biz is our key website.
The data controller for GDS at Pete Moore Communication ltd is Director, Dr Pete Moore, who determines how and why personal data is processed.
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name and email address if you contact ThinkWrite.biz
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emailed newsletters - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- information on how you use the site, using page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law and is statute based.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use ThinkWrite.biz. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about your visits to ThinkWrite.biz:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you have requested a response
- send email news and alerts to users who sign in with us
- allow you to access our services
What we do with your data
We will use your data to contact you directly or via recognised platforms
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
How we protect, process and store your data
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We hold your data in an encrypted format in DropBox, and use CampaignMonitor as the platform for issuing eNewsletters.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
ThinkWrite contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link toThinkWrite from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, ThinkWrite.biz will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact email@example.com if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Last updated 18 May 2018